Roshambo Racing

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Welding Training


Dan and I spent most of Saturday working on the new rally car.

We had help from Liam, Dan's son. Liam was quite interested in welding, so Dan gave him a nice lesson.


Here's a picture of what Dan was welding.


Here's a picture of the box that Dan built to hold the hydraulic handbrake. It's not very exciting here, but Dan did a nice job, and this will let our car have a cool feature.
I spent the day doing less exciting things, like building a custom castle-nut to replace the one I stripped last week. And I gutted the stock mechanical emergency brake setup- we won't need it once the hydraulic system is working. I also pulled out a rear axle that was messed up.



Today, I made a run to Subaru John's and picked up some goodies. I got some replacement rear axles, a flange to make our driveline work, and ...... AND.... John found us the motor that we've been waiting for. This is a blown motor that has all the parts we'll need to finish our nicely built motor. So, it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment